2017 Hagerty Fall Classic Adventure
Entry and Event Information
September 15-17, 2017
2017 Entry Form <— Posted in June 2017
2017 Supplementary Regulation <—- PLEASE READ IN FULL (Coming in June)
2017 Vehicle Inspection Form
2017 Entry List
Members of our WA/OR email list get advanced notice of the exact date for opening of the 2017 Fall Classic entries. Sign up to our WA/OR mailing list here: The Washington/Oregon Area Mailing List (we send less then 10 emails a year, no spamming of your mailbox will occur!)
** NOTE: Please download and READ all documents above before submitting an entry. A summary of basic information is found below.
The Fall Classic is a budget-minded driving adventure through Washington and Oregon for pre-1979 touring and sportscars. This un-scored, non-competitive event takes place entirely within the states of WA and OR and consists of approximately 700 miles of driving over three days. The Fall Classic is organized by Squamish Classic Car Adventures, using straight-forward route instructions. For 2016 the Fall Classic follows the recipe of our famous “Spring Thaw Adventure”. The emphasis for this event is great roads, but we promise lots of opportunities to enjoy great cars, great people and our hosted meals and hotels. Perfect for couples or friends, a paid entry on the Fall Classic includes two nights accommodation, a selection of meals and give-away items for a car of two people.
Thursday September 14th, 2016
• “Unofficial” pre-event drinks and dinner for out of town guests at our host hotel. Details TBA.
Friday September 15th, 2016
9:30-10:15am Registration and Tech Open (Location, TBA)
10:40am All-Participants Meeting & Event Introductions (Mandatory Attendance)
10:45am Depart Start
5:45pm Estimated hotel arrival for most guests.
7:15pm Group Meeting for hosted dinner
Saturday September 16th, 2016
9:15am All-Participants Meeting (Mandatory Attendance)
9:30am Depart Start
5:30pm Estimated hotel arrival for most guests
7:15pm Group Meeting for hosted dinner
Sunday September 17th, 2016
8:45am All-Participants Meeting (Mandatory Attendance)
9:00am Depart Start
1:00pm Estimated arrival at finish.
3:00pm Lunch and Awards Finished
Vehicle Acceptance & Required Equipment
The Hagerty Fall Classic Adventure is open to sport, touring and classic cars from 1979 and earlier. Sorry, no motorcycles on this event. We have been known to accept a truck or two, and even a couple of ‘retro cars’ made after 1979. If you think you’ve got a unique car that fits, simply send us an entry form or contact us. We’ll see if we think it fits with the group. As with all our events, the Delorean rule is still in effect. That is, if you own a DMC-12 and are willing to let Dave drive it for a short period, your entry is automatically accepted. The Delorean rule is open to interpretation for other awesome vehicles you think we should consider.
All vehicles must meet legal roadworthiness standards, and generally be ready for a long weekend of driving through mountains and winding roads. A pre-event tech inspection will check for the following mandatory items:
- Minimum of one roadside warning triangle (30cm or larger per side)
- Proof of current insurance & Driver’s Licenses.
Highly recommended equipment includes a tow strap, tool kit, booster cables, fire extinguisher, snacks and water.
- All entrants must submit a vehicle tech inspection form. The vehicle tech inspection form is intended to guide you through an inspection appropriate for taking a classic car on a 3-day adventure through the mountains. The form can be completed by your mechanic, a mechanically minded friend or the entrant. The important point is that each item is actually inspected, and not just assumed to be ‘okay’. To complete the inspection you will need to take each of the wheels off to inspect the brakes and suspension components. A failure on any portion of the form does not bar you from entry, it simply means you need to talk to the organizers. We’re happy to let you join us if you’ve failed a section (or sections) of the form, but we want to ensure we’re all aware of the issues.
- A mandatory* spares list has been created. After eight years of events, we’ve got a pretty strong impression of the common failure points. The combination of the inspection form, and our spare parts list, should ensure we get 99% of our entrants to the finish line. The spare parts list we’ve chosen will fit in the space of a small lunch bag, so we’re pretty sure all of our entrants can make the space.
- Fuel Pump – A universal electric pump is preferred. Something which can be wired up into your engine bay as a temporary measure to keep you going. Check your fuel-pressure requirement, and buy a pump which is as close as you can get.
- Fuel Lines & Wire – Equip your pump with some lines, and some wire, so we can get you going at the side of the road!
- Points & Condensor – Even if you use electronic ignition like Pertronix, having a set of points and a condensor could mean the difference between driving or a tow-truck.
- Timing Instruction Sheet – You need to have a sheet that shows how your timing is set, and what the values are. You might photocopy the repair manual, or perhaps have your mechanic write down the details. Important things to know are where you can find the timing readings on your engine, and what to set the following at: a) points gap, b) static timing, c) max advance. With two of those three values, we can get almost anything running.
- Ignition Coil – These never fail, unless you’re on a CCA event in the middle of nowhere. Good insurance is carrying a spare one, then you’ll never need it.
- Spare Nuts & Bolts – Have a ziploc baggie of the commonly used sizes on your car. 1200km has a strange way of vibrating things loose, and chances of someone having the size you need are slim. Pack a few spares.
*Mandatory, CCA Style – Here’s our take on the mandatory spares list: In the last 8 years we’ve run 21 adventures for classic cars. The spares list comes from the most common failures we’ve seen, and we’ve seen them time and time again. You’re fully welcome to not carry the spares, that would be your choice to increase the potential level of adventure you might have. But in doing so, you understand that the organizers & sweep won’t be delayed by any mechanical failure where the mandatory spares would have saved the day. If we can help you out, and still be on time for dinner, absolutely we’ll assist. But if rendering assistance will delay the organizers or sweep significantly, or disrupt the service to other entrants, we’re probably going to wish you luck and move on (presuming you have cellphone signal). We figure that’s a fair trade, and within our sprit of adventurous driving!
As part of the event registration package, entrants will be issued with two Fall Classic number decals – one for each side of the car. We will be using high quality removable vinyl to ensure that they will come off your car with the least amount of fuss. Cars are required to run the event decals.
The organizers of the Hagerty Fall Classic Adventure will cover the room fee and taxes for Friday and Saturday nights at the event. Each team will receive a standard double-bed room with two occupants per room, unless otherwise requested on the entry form. Additional rooms, upgrades and special requests will be accommodated as possible, with all additional charges being the responsibility of the entrant in question. Please indicate on the entry form any specific needs you may have. A credit card for each team will be required upon check-in at each hotel as a damage deposit, and for incidentals. The organizers will not provide damage deposit coverage for any participants of the event.
The meal details for the event will be listed in the supp-regs, which will be released before entries are opened. Read the supp regs!
Procedure for Registration
Please read the Supplementary Regulations in full, then download and complete the PDF Entry Application form. Once complete, print the form and mail it to the Registrar’s address below along with a cheque for your entry.
Entries will be considered on a “first come, first serve” basis. Vehicles which don’t technically meet the age or type requirements are encouraged to use page two creatively. Each year we’ve allowed a few entries outside our criteria, so there is hope! Please check the Supp Regs for important information on entrants wishing to drive their entry to the CCA offices.
Entry Fee:$ 625.00 USD (estimated. TBD June 2017)
Entry deadline, September 1st, or when all spaces have been filled.
Cheques and money orders are payable to: “Squamish Classic Car Adventures”
Registrar Address (send entries here):
Classic Car Adventures
7001 396th Dr SE
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Classic Car Adventures
#32-1200 Edgewater Dr
Canada V8B 0E7
In an effort to keep the entire adventure and group close-knit, we are booking hotel rooms for all participants of the event. As such, we find ourselves bound by unique cancellation issues.
Cancellations before August 1st
Cancellations before August 1st will result in a full refund.
Cancellations between August 2nd and and September 1st
Cancellations on or after August 2nd, but before September 1st will result in a $130 refund unless we can fill your space with another entry. In this case we will refund your full entry, as well as make another participant very happy!
Cancellations after September 1st
Cancellations after September 1st, 2016 won’t be refunded…unless we’re able to fill your spot.