Van Dusen All British Field Meet May 16

Discuss other events, or plan your own adventures and socials here!

Van Dusen All British Field Meet May 16

Postby works4me » Mon May 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Saturday May 16 is the All British Field Meet at VanDusen Gardens on Oak Street at 37th in Vancouver. Over 500 British vehicles take over the grounds for the day.
http://www.westerndriver.com/abfm/

We will have my 2006 MINI Cooper S JCW Competition Edition there. If you visit drop by and say hi.
works4me

Re: Van Dusen All British Field Meet May 16

Postby formulaphoto » Mon May 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Cool - we'll see you there! I had the pleasure of driving the Targa Newfoundland MINI JCW a few years ago (during a photo shoot, not during competition)...what a car!
Warwick Patterson
1965 Austin Mini 850
Co-organizer, Spring Thaw Classic Car Adventure
formulaphoto
Site Admin

Postby formulaphoto » Thu May 14, 2009 3:03 pm

We just received a new box of promo cards for the 2010 Spring Thaw - so make sure I find you at the ABFM and I'll give you a stack of them!
Warwick Patterson
1965 Austin Mini 850
Co-organizer, Spring Thaw Classic Car Adventure
formulaphoto
Site Admin

Postby Olivander » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm

This is the car that i idolized with during the Targa Newfoundland competition. The Mini parts chassis are painted with red and a racing look. The race is more on built-in competition cars. This imcludes Race suspension, improved brakes, an on-board air-jack system and dazzling aerodynamic kit including front splitter, rear diffuser, and high-downforce adjustable rear wing make the little red rocket a serious contender.
Olivander

Postby works4me » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:15 am

I own the street version of the Targa car. 2006 Cooper S JCW Competition Edition #19 of 64. It has no adjustable rear wing or air-jack but pretty much everything else. And, yes, it is a hoot to drive. And no, it isn't for sale. :)

Works went to VanDusen a couple of years but isn't going back. We won't be there again with any car but I hear they are combining Van Dusen with the All British Run this year into one big British car weekend. Should be a good time.
works4me

Postby mikeb » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 am

The VanDusen event is a close enough excuse to hijack this thread and talk about another British car show that is coming up soon.

The 6th annual St. George's Day British Motoring Show will take place in Fort Langley on Sunday, April 17th. The show is held on the grounds of the Fort Langley Community Hall on Glover road, pretty much in the centre of the Fort LAngley village. We are expecting to have 70+ vehicles, including a '60s vintage double decker bus and a few Spring Thaw cars, on display. The event is put on by the LAMB club, with net proceeds going to support Big Brothers. Registration and event information can be found at http://www.lambscarclub.com. Maybe we can get the bus entered in Spring Thaw one of these years.

Apropos of the other toic in this thread, I hear that MINI will be collaborating with Aston Martin to produce the DB Cooper. If nothing else, it will be the top car on the FBI's Most Wanted List.
Mike
'73 Lotus Europa
'97 Lotus Esprit
'10 Lotus Elise
'87 Merkur XR4Ti (real car?)
mikeb

Return to Other Events & Gatherings