2014 Hagerty Spring Thaw Classic – ENTRIES OPEN

Updated: Entry forms and information are now online! Click here for full information.

Information regarding the 2014 Hagerty Spring Thaw Classic Car Adventure will be updated on January 5th, 2014. The entries for the 2014 Thaw will open on January 6th, and the event takes place April 25-27, 2014.

2013 Year-in-Review Photo books featuring images from the Spring Thaw, Fall Freeze, and Thanksgiving Run are now available:

7 Responses to “2014 Hagerty Spring Thaw Classic – ENTRIES OPEN”

1. Raymond Cohen January 5, 2014 at 11:51 am #

have the entry forms been put up on the website yet as tomorrow is the 6th Jan.

2. Dave Hord January 5, 2014 at 12:05 pm #

Normally we put the entry forms up at 12:01am on the day entries open, but this year we’re going to put them up on the website around dinner time (today). They’ve been written, we’re just doing the final checks!

-Dave

3. Mike Bennett January 10, 2014 at 7:23 pm #

I see my entry was delivered. I love the new “ish” class.

4. Bob Hoye January 13, 2014 at 10:32 pm #

I must be feeling my age, but I would like to try a driving at a slower pace with a number of stops for the scenery. Easy to say when my foot is not on the accelerator. But, the key to the length of the first day out from Squamish is overnight accommodation. One year it was at 108 Mile House, which I enjoyed. Another was at Sun Peaks (final leg a lot of fun) and either is a long drive made shorter by higher speeds. No time to dawdle along the way. Yes, there are some cars such that “dawdling” is flat out, which makes for a long day.

In order to expand the time for cocktails at the end of the first day, the departure time from Squamish could be made an hour earlier than usual.

Ciao…….Bob

Ciao…Bob

5. Dave Hord January 14, 2014 at 11:19 am #

Hi Bob,

Warwick and I are definitely working on the pace of the event, and the distances driven. We’ve had great feedback from a number of guests, and will aim to please everyone!

-Dave

6. Ted L January 17, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

Bob Hoye: You wanna drive slow, drive slow, but that doesn’t mean the rest of us will….that’s the beauty part of this event. And I think the departure time out of Squamish is just fine the way it is…..some of us have to drive a considerable way to get there in the morning…and, anyway, schmoozing and critiquing other people’s cars is part of the fun……….

7. Bob Hoye February 12, 2014 at 10:41 pm #

Ted: What I meant be a “slower pace” was enough time for stopping to view the scenery or historic sites. You might recall the rather quick Graphite Grey Alfa Spider with the 2 L engine. The fastest I’ve seen on the accurate speedometer was “brisk” on the leg to 108 Mile House.